Re: [Groff] [Heirloom] Generating doc/ files

From: Dale Snell
Subject: Re: [Groff] [Heirloom] Generating doc/ files
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 15:39:23 -0700

On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 18:04:27 -0400
Doug McIlroy <address@hidden> wrote:

> Groff is open source. A conscientious author will strive
> to make source--the whole source including documentation--as
> easily portable as possible. Documentation created in the back
> room and distributed only in PDF is the antithesis of open.

I quite agree.

> I hope "Linux Libertine" is a joke that I don't happen to
> understand.

Linux Libertine is the name of a free/open typeface.  Whether the name
was a deliberate joke or not I do not know.  Possibly someone forgot to
look up "libertine" in the dictionary?

--Dale

--
"The attitude of 'Oh, you want it should work?  That costs extra!'
is the biggest security hole in computer software today."