Re: [Groff] Compression support for files?

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] Compression support for files?
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 10:16:20 +0100

Hi Werner,

> *However*, if you really like to play around file issues: A sorely
> needed feature is integration of the kpathsea library into groff!

Having browsed https://tug.org/texinfohtml/kpathsea.html I see it
searches for a file through a series of directories, perhaps
recursively, with variable support and shell-type expansions, variable,
brace, tilde, etc., with a database for quicker lookups next time.

> In particular, it would allow to have not a single `download' file for
> grops but a series of such files, and it shouldn't be too hard to
> implement cumulative reading.

Could you expand on that a bit please;  I'm probably not the only one
not grasping the need without your insight.

Cheers, Ralph.