Re: [Groff] OT: \} considered as macro argument regarding register .$

From: Carsten Kunze
Subject: Re: [Groff] OT: \} considered as macro argument regarding register .$
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 23:00:40 +0200 (CEST)

> > Why is \} (end of conditional block) considered as a macro argument
> > regarding the register .$ ?  It may not be best style, but often \}
> > is written behind the last request of a block. There are warnings
> > for doing this for requests like e.g. .ds, but that it also
> > increases .$ is not expected. Has this really been intended by the
> > nroff author?
>
> Please file a bug report so that your question doesn't get lost.

I am not really sure if it would be correct to fix it. It could have been a bug
in old nroff versions but then it could have been intended by the groff author
to copy that bug exactly (which I do would consider as correct).

So I do not want to make a mistake by initiating fixing it (with the bug
report), thats why I have asked if someone knows if this is the traditionally
expected behavior of nroff.

--Carsten