Re: [Groff] bold greek e.g. sigma ?

From: Robert Marks
Subject: Re: [Groff] bold greek e.g. sigma ?
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 09:28:54 +1000

>Is it possible to have bold greek letters?
>Simply using
>.EQ
>bold sigma
>.EN

>doesn't seem to work.

>Please advise

>Thanks

>Anton
> Anton Shterenlikht <address@hidden>

I had this issue when creating overhead slides in PDF for my lectures
see
http://www.agsm.edu.au/bobm/teaching/SGTM/lect10pr-3.pdf

This is in the top of my file:

.special MDUTBIMI SS S ZD ZDR
.EQ
delim ``
gfont HBI
grfont HB
.EN

That is, I use the Greek symbols from the font MDUTBIMI for appearance in
equations.
Otherwise, as you have seen, there is no embolding of SS and S symbols.
MDUTBIMI is MathDesign-UT-Bold-Italic-MathItalic-10, and has some other
symbols as well as the Greek ones. by putting it ahead of SS and S in the
.special call, its Greek symbols will be used (ahead of the SS and S ones).

See also
lists.gnu.org/archive/html/groff/2006-03/msg00245.html

Hope that helps,

Bob

--
http://www.agsm.edu.au/bobm