Re: [Groff] Back to the future

From: Walter Alejandro Iglesias
Subject: Re: [Groff] Back to the future
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 11:38:31 +0100

I respect the idea of a tribal society and I'm aware that FOSS needs
it.  Being myself a standalone savage creature, I'm aware I am not
able to participate in this structure more than giving some opinion.

Do you really want a modern approach?

Man Pages

OSs should include just plain ASCII English text (previously generated
with *roff) so you can read them with any pager or text editor.

Online

Write html directly.

Printed books (documentation, prose or whatever)

Use groff or *tex.

I let people here to deduce the advantages of this approach.

Future suggests economy above all.  Taking in care how *clever* are
humans in the use of resources in the near future the average citizen
will probably not be able to pay the electricity bill.  Writers like
Peter will have to use a mechanical typewriter again.  Forward to the
past!

Do not complicate things, do not invent more needs.