Re: [Groff] space width

From: Clarke Echols
Subject: Re: [Groff] space width
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 19:46:24 -0700

I prefer the wider spacing between sentences because it's easier to
read.  You can see the wider spacing and make fewer errors from not
realizing there was an end-of-sentence, thus helping comprehension.

There are some situations where I'd like to be able to adjust spacing
between letters (mainly in titles and headlines for commercial copy)
for special effects.  I suppose I could force it by putting \h'...'
between characters, but that's a pain.  I haven't found a way to do
that in groff, though it's easy in cascading style sheets for
HTML/XHTML.

Clarke