Re: [Groff] removing RUNOFF man page

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] removing RUNOFF man page
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2014 11:23:03 +0000

Hi Bernd,

> as I will write my own program for RUNOFF, I will remove the man page
> runoff.man from the groff source because of name mixing with my future
> program.  This man page does not suit to groff anyway.  Sorry for
> that.

That's a shame as the historical detail was interesting.  It was
runoff(7) so I don't think it would clash with a future runoff(1).
Besides, there's quite a few man-page clashes and the distro-packagers
sort them out.

> In contrib/RUNOFF/ there is moreover a man page about the file names
> used by RUNOFF, roff and groff.  I'll remove the RUNOFF parts and will
> store it in a new directory contrib/groff_filenames.

I see this has now been committed.
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/groff.git/commit/?id=6b731a6d6af7ccb12393f80fec13c25ae424cf8c
It also changes the licence from >=GPLv3 to >=GPLv2 on a couple of files
that remain;  they're copyright FSF.  COPYING at the top level is v3.  I
don't know if this is an issue, just raising it for those that do.

Cheers, Ralph.