Re: [Groff] Where do we go from here?

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: [Groff] Where do we go from here?
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 21:28:39 +0000

On 11/12/13 16:21, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> Colin Watson <address@hidden>:
>> I'm happy with the quality of the bzr import we did, and long preferred
>> its UI, but even I have begun moving my projects to git in the
>> acknowledgement that it's won the DVCS wars;
>
> I myself prefer Mercurial's UI to git, ...

So do I; in fact, I find git to be every bit as repulsive as its name
implies: http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/git?q=git

However, I would still advocate setting up a public repository with git,
simply because its ugliness is mitigated by Mercurial's hggit extension;
once the git repository is in place, I can 'hg clone' it, 'hg pull' from
it, 'hg push' to it, and otherwise treat my local clone as if it were a
regular hg repository, while giving those who really want to put up with
the nastiness of git the freedom to do so.

Keith.