Re: [Groff] man file character encoding.

From: Federico Lucifredi
Subject: Re: [Groff] man file character encoding.
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 17:55:52 -0400

On Sep 26, 2013, at 4:32 AM, Colin Watson <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Assuming that the problem is caused by `-p', a possible solution is to
>> not use this man option or environment variable and add option `-t' to
>> nroff in `/etc/man.conf'.
>
> Or use man-db instead, which is much smarter about character encodings
> and handles your situation out of the box with no configuration
> required; I just tested it to confirm this.

Since both pagers use troff in the back-end, this is just a matter of making
the correct use of it.  Let me check if I am doing something funky upstream,
with Werner's information it should be relatively simple.

Best -F

-- "'Problem' is a bleak word for challenge" - Richard Fish
(Federico L. Lucifredi) - flucifredi at acm.org - GnuPG 0x4A73884C