Re: [Groff] refer, mom and inline references

From: jjbrioist
Subject: Re: [Groff] refer, mom and inline references
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 18:50:04 +0200

Le vendredi 09 août 2013 à 17:35 +0200, Robin Haberkorn a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I know a lot has been written on this mailing list about refer and its
> mom integration.
> However, I still don't quite get it.
> Currently I'm writing my bachelor thesis in groff -mom. It was
> relatively easy to imitate the LaTex template they were providing,
> including Computer Modern fonts and so on but I'm still struggling
> with refer.
> I would like to have inline references in an abbreviated form (like
> [AUTHORYEAR]) and a bibliography with all references automatically
> collected.
> (...)

Hello Robin,

I was facing the same issue as you, although I am using -ms for the time.
I use the -S option to get inline references.

Assume you have the following entry in your
xxx.bib file :

%A John Robert
%T Measuring steel bar tension using X-rays
%D 1993
%K X-rays dynamometer steel
%L Steel Res. 35
%R Steel Res.
%N 35
%I Springer
%C Cleveland

and your text reads something like

.BD
Lately my life
 .[[
Robert
 .]]
has become more complicated.
.R
.DE
.LP

(take care of the double brackets). Compile this with

> refer -pxxx.bib -e -S thesis.ms > aux.ms
> groff -ms aux.ms > thesis.ps

This should yield :

"Lately my life [Robert 1993] has become more complicated."

I hope this works fine with -mom.

Yours,

JJ.