Re: [Groff] Foxley roff music notes of 1987

From: Bernd Warken
Subject: Re: [Groff] Foxley roff music notes of 1987
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 16:11:54 +0100 (CET)

> Von: "Werner LEMBERG" <address@hidden>
>
> Have you ever seen the Lilypond program?
>
>   http://www.lilypond.org
>
> Maybe this answers the question :-)

Many years ago I wrote a lot of musical notes using lilypond.
I forget where that was.

In 2001 I proposed in the groff mailinglist to add Lilypond
into groff:

###################

[Groff] lilypond sections in groff
From:   Bernd Warken
Subject:        [Groff] lilypond sections in groff
Date:   Mon, 12 Feb 2001 21:08:56 +0100

Would it be hard to implement musical scores written in Lilypond
into groff texts?

A first idea would be to enclose the lilypond parts into a pair of
requests, say .lilypond and ./lilypond, and to write a preprocessor
that compiles these parts into graphics.

I think that an nroff interface for notes will not be necessary, tho
it seems to be possible.

Bernd Warken <address@hidden>

> Instead of having a groff preprocessor
> I suggest that someone is writing a music2lilypond script.

Whatever...  I try to help.

Bernd Warken