Re: [Groff] .mso for groff_hdtbl(7)

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: [Groff] .mso for groff_hdtbl(7)
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 23:18:44 -0000 (GMT)

On 04-Feb-2013 23:03:42 Bernd Warken wrote:
>> Von: "Werner LEMBERG" <address@hidden>

> In my man-page is everything ok, as soon as I use the .mso line, even
> groffer in tty mode.
>
> Using `groff -man -mhdtbl ...' leads to errors, even without any output.
> 2 `-m' parameters seem to be illegal.
>
>> > Surely this isn't correct?  Why would `-mhdtbl', on the command line,
>> > not be equally effective?
>>
>> It would, of course.  Can you provide a better formulation?
>
> grog must be adapted.
>
> Bernd Warken

There is nothing wrong with using several "-m..." parameters (options).
Here is part of my standard groff line:

  groff -tpe -mpreted -ms -mted -Tps

where '-ms' is for the standard ms macros, while "-mpreted" and "-mted"
are for custom macro sets which I have written myself.

The important thing is that the different macro sets are compatible
with each other (as mine are, with each other and with ms).

If, for instance, you were to write

  groff -tpe -mm -ms -me -Tps

then the Universe would fall apart!

So (while I have not studied hdtbl) I suspect that

  groff -man -mhdtbl ...

plants incompatibilities, leading to errors.

Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Date: 04-Feb-2013  Time: 23:18:41
This message was sent by XFMail