Re: [Groff] producing a booklet with groff ?

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Groff] producing a booklet with groff ?
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 23:42:12 +0100

> Have you dealt with "gutters"?
>       gutter:  The blank space between facing pages of a book.
>
> It would involve shifting the odd pages right and the even
> pages left 1/4 inch or so.

This is something I tend to ignore.  More "fancy" page layouts
suggest making the inner margin smaller than the outer margin,
so that two inner margins together have about the same width as
each of the outer margins, but this assumes that the books open
flat, which they do not if you use a cheaper glued binding.
Thus, I usually set all side margins to the same size, and this
fairly well compensates for the space consumed by the binding.

Anyhow, if you want this you can easily achieve it by setting
the pstops positioning of the individual "sub"-pages.

If you also want to compensate for page creep, look here:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/groff/2005-11/msg00013.html