Re: [Groff] New release of -markup

From: Denis M. Wilson
Subject: Re: [Groff] New release of -markup
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 14:08:45 +0100

On Fri, 05 Oct 2012 13:10:48 +0200
Johann Höchtl <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is there a way to specifify different paper sizes but A4 and A5? If
> not, I suggest adding at least letter and legal
> (I am not US, but afaik those formats are widely used there)

There could be, I suggest, a separate package for US sizes, based on the
methods in Sizes.pkg.  The user would invoke it by .UsePackage USSizes.
You would have to define macros LetterPaper, size-letter-12pt and
several similar, which would not be difficult, but laborious.

The reason I did it my way is to save ordinary users the pain of
working out sizes for themselves. Given the paper, pointsize and font
family to be used, what are good values for text width, margins and
many more?  I experimented a long time to find reasonable values, and
they were for Palatino.

Denis