Re: [Groff] passing groff special chars to pdfmark as bookmarks

From: smoore
Subject: Re: [Groff] passing groff special chars to pdfmark as bookmarks
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2012 16:28:04 -0600

Can you explain in your own words what is happening with
.trin '\C'aq' please.

I have a text procesing sequence that does not afford the time
at the moment to re-engineer how I build pdfs, gs / pdfroff.

Relying on groff to rip postcript and using ps2pdf to complete
the pdf, the above trin function does not provide successful
translation of special char flow through to pdf.

Any other ways to get this to work without -Tpdf ?

Thanks.

On Wed, 05 Sep 2012 12:32:18 +0100, Deri James
<address@hidden> wrote:
On Wednesday 05 Sep 2012 06:31:41 Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> [Please configure your e-mail program so that it replies to CCed
>  addresses also.]
> >> Werner
> > \\$1 \\$2
> > .
> > passed to bookmark drops the french char glyph completely,
> > producing as a bookmark:
> > Keith, can you help?
> > >     Werner

Using this as a test:-

.sp |1i
Bookmark Test
.sp 1
.ds tg tg
.trin '\C'aq'
.de DA
\\$1 \\$2
.pdfbookmark -T \\*(tg 1 "\\$1" "\\$2"
..
.DA "20 avril 2012      " "S\['e]ance de l'avant-midi"
.pdfsync

and command:-

groff -Tpdf t.trf

seems to produce the desired bookmark, although 2 warnings are
output. (You will need a recent CVS version of groff to include the
pdf device).

Deri