Re: [Groff] Escaping in Groff

From: Clarke Echols
Subject: Re: [Groff] Escaping in Groff
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2012 09:44:53 -0600

On 09/01/2012 09:12 AM, Cedric Sodhi wrote:
Hello, I wanted to bring up a problem that I had mentioned a while ago
[1] but to which I've found not satisfactory solution, whatsoever, yet.
How does Escaping actually work in Groff? Is what I said in [1] true and
there is in fact no consistent method and rather, quotes cannot be
escaped like one would do in C? I refer you to [1] in which I described
my problem. Thank you in advance.

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/groff/2012-04/msg00015.html

I went to Google and searched "groff escape quotes", and found the
answer in the groff(7) man page:

The escaped double quote \" introduces a comment. Otherwise, it is not special. Groff provides a printable representation with the \(dq escape sequence.

Clarke