Re: [Groff] [groff] filled polygons in gpic

From: Doug McIlroy
Subject: Re: [Groff] [groff] filled polygons in gpic
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 12:45:05 -0400

> I wonder whether any progress has been made with this issue?
> I just need triangles,

I have made filled triangles in gpic by a simple kludge
of automating the removal of one corner of a filled
rectangle. This works straightforwardly for axis-aligned
right triangles.  Other triangles have to be partitioned
into axis-aligned right triangles.  The really unpleasant
aspect of this trick is that one has to make an edit
script (largely by cut-and-paste) to do the corner-removal,
and this edit script has to be kept up in parallel with
changes to the pictures.  I'll be happy to send the
details if you're interested.

Doug McIlroy