Re: [Groff] multi-line headers/footers

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: [Groff] multi-line headers/footers
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 08:46:44 -0000 (GMT)

On 20-Nov-11 08:26:15, maouinin wrote:

> Is it possible with or without macro packages, etc. to get
> multi-line headers in groff? I have been able to do this
> in LaTeX with the fancyheaders package, but I can't seem to
> figure out how to do it (or if it is even possible) in groff.
>
> Thanks
> --

It is certainly possible, but how to do it depends on how you
want the header to be formatted.

Would you be using numbered headers, for sections, sub-sections
and so on?

Would you want the second and subsequent lines of the header to
be indented relative to the first line, whether numbered or not?

If so, and if it is a numered header, would you want the indentation
to be aligned with the start of the text (i.e. following the number)
in the first line?

And so on ...

Please tell us more about what you want to achieve.

Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861
Date: 20-Nov-11                                       Time: 08:46:40