Re: [Groff] TOC with links in mom

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] TOC with links in mom
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 13:04:08 -0500

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011, Petr Man wrote:
> Another question for Peter. I noticed, that there was no way to change the
> color of the "Table of Contents" text, so I have added that option. After
> printing the colored headline, I wanted to reset the color back to the default
> text color for the rest of the TOC. How do I do that? I have hardcoded black
> for now, but that is not the way to go. Which variable holds the default
> color?

There's no register holding a default colour name.  Mom uses one of
two mechanisms for restoring colour after a change.

  - by processing docelements in their own environments; colour is
    associated with the current environment, so popping the
    environment restores the colour of the previous one

  - by invoking .gcolor without an argument, or printing the \m[]
    escape; from info groff: "The escape '\m[]' returns
    to the previous color, as does a call to 'gcolor' without an
    argument."

--
Peter Schaffter

Author of The Binbrook Caucus