[Groff] E/R-diagrams with pic

From: Ralph Graulich
Subject: [Groff] E/R-diagrams with pic
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 00:25:32 +0100

Hello troffers!

Did someone try to layout E/R diagrams with pic?
Several years ago I built a very rudimentary toolchain, which read one or more
config files, took the table definitions from the database's data dictionary,
sends them through a large awk script, which did the conversion to pic markup
and layed out an E/R diagram, albeit a very simple one. To my pity it seems the
scripts are lost.

Are there any read-to-use solutions using pic+troff or maybe just pic macros
for the basic elements of an E/R diagram?
Or do I rather have to resort to write the whole script again?

Best regards
Ralph