Re: [Groff] EQN documentation

From: Doug McIlroy
Subject: Re: [Groff] EQN documentation
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 16:27:52 -0500

>  I have been contemplating for a long time putting together
>  a connected account

Cheers! I really miss having concise yet complete online
documentation for much Gnu software (pace Texinfo). One shouldn't
have to scrounge around obscure history websites to find out
how to use it.  (I flip back and forth between my dog-eared
10th-edition Unix manual and man pages for Gnu extensions,
and wonder how folks who don't own antique references survive.)

Eric Raymond's Pic reference is a good demonstration that
all need not be downhill from Kernighan. Pity the Gnu Pic
man page doesn't even mention this good document that comes
with the Groff distribution.

Ted and Cedric deserve all the encouragement they can get.

Doug
(editor of 7th-10th edition manuals)