Re: [Groff] caching result of charinfo::get_flags

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] caching result of charinfo::get_flags
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 08:42:04 +0100 (CET)

> BTW, I've just used the file `bash.1' version 2.05 from the linuxjm
> project (with 217kByte it is about 30 times larger than `gprof.1'),
> and profiling shows a completely different hot spot: [...]

In case you want to reproduce, here the corresponding command line
options.  Note that I've simply executed `./configure', then manually
added `-pg' to CCFLAGS, CFLAGS, and LDFLAGS in the Makefile, followed
by `make'.

  for English bash.1:

    troff -Tutf8 -ww -man bash.1 > /dev/null

  for Japanese bash.1:

    preconv -eeuc-japan bash.1 > bash.preconv.1
    troff -Tutf8 -ww -man -mja bash.preconv.1 > /dev/null