Re: [Groff] -D option, preconv issues

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] -D option, preconv issues
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 15:52:17 +0200 (CEST)

> 1.  When I run groff with -Dutf8, it complains that gpreconv is not
> available.  This can be worked around by creating a soft link to
> preconv.

This is a bug, now fixed in the CVS.  Thanks for the report.

> 2.  The more serious problem is this: -Dutf8 is not pervasive
> through .so or .nx.  It only applies to the file the main file that
> groff is called on.

See this thread

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/groff/2010-01/msg00058.html

and this

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/groff/2006-01/msg00022.html

and please comment.  Actually, I've even started the latter, but I
gave up: Working with iconv is a nasty thing...