[Groff] Diversion/trap help

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: [Groff] Diversion/trap help
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 00:38:09 -0400

I've been struggling with a problem for three days, so I guess
it's time to ask help.

Under what circumstances would a diversion that ends on the bottom
line of a page spring a footer trap even when the diversion has been
chopped?

I've been working on the refer section of mom, and I came upon
the problem, as so often, by accident.  Some endnotes happened to
conclude at the very bottom of a page, and I discovered that a blank
page, complete with header and footer, was being output afterwards.

The endnotes are collected in a diversion which outputs flawlessly
over several pages.  However, when the final page ends as I've
described, there's that damn blank page afterwards, even though
the diversion's chopped before output.

If anyone can come up with a reason (or several reasons), I may
be able to track down the source of the problem and then be more
precise in asking for help if I can't fix it myself.  As it is,
I'm stymied.

--
Peter Schaffter

Author of The Binbrook Caucus