Re: [Groff] arrowup

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Groff] arrowup
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 23:01:34 +0200

> So either something has changed the numerical encoding of \[ua]
> in groff (but despite searching I have found no clue), or possibly
> the input characters "\[ua]" were mis-interpreted as "\[uA]".
> Could this have something to do with locale?

I don't believe it has do do with locale.  I get the same with
groff 1.18.1 on SuSE 11.1.  It's probably a bug in grops,
because if you look at the intermediate file you'll notice that
it's still correct.  And it's somehow related to the name "ua",
because if you edit .../font/devps/S and rename "ua" to "aa" and
"uA" to "aA" and make the corresponding changes in your input
file, then it works as it should.