[Groff] A question about vertical indentation of displays

From: Anton Shepelev
Subject: [Groff] A question about vertical indentation of displays
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 17:32:27 +0300

Hello all,

I  was experimenting with displays in groff (nroff
mode) and found found a problem. Whenever I  begin
a  new paragraph after a display, the vertical in-
dent after the display is twice the  normal  size.
Below  is  an  example for the MS macro's .LD dis-
play:

  .LP
  Test paragraph. The following display
  will be indented normally
  .LD
  The display. The following paragraph
  will be indented twice.
  .DE
  .LP
  The paragraph.

And here's the result:

  Test paragraph.  The  following  display  will  be
  indented normally

  The display. The following paragraph
  will be indented twice.

  The paragraph.

A similar behaviour is  found  in  ME's  quotation
display  (.(q.  ...  .)q).  Am  I  doing something
wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Anton