Re: [Groff] grops error message

From: Chuck Robey
Subject: Re: [Groff] grops error message
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 16:52:53 -0500

Miklos Somogyi wrote:
> Hello Folks,
>
> groff and grops are on  the intel SnowLeopard machines.
> The following thing:
>
>         groff -se -I $D_gr1 -P -Pprologue-1.19.2-ms <  inputfile  > outputfile

That "$D_grl" is odd, is there a D_grl in your environment somewhere?  Or, is
that line part of some script where that D_grl is defined?  I would wonder if
its undefined, as it is on my older PPC OS/X machine (latest OS version for PPC
though).  Or, perhaps that dollar sign is a mistake?  You know, that's a
variable introducer for any shell I've ever used.

I can't find that in the groff manpages anywhere, but maybe someone else on this
list knows.