Re: [Groff] node.cpp needs patch?

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] node.cpp needs patch?
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 22:21:36 -0500

brian m. carlson wrote:

I'm not a c++ expert in the least, but I couldn't get the CVS (from an
hour ago) to compile without getting rid of the "inline" keyword from
node::~node() as follows. Is this a problem on my end?

This has been reported several times.  For some reason, Mac OS X has a
problem compiling this. It works fine for me with Debian's GCC 4.4.2-9. I'm not sure if this is a problem with GCC 4.0.1, or simply with Apple's
version of it, but if it's the former, it's never going to be fixed.
GCC 4.0.1 is pretty old.

OK, I've added a description & fix to the PROBLEMS file and sent a patch just a few minutes ago... it's not a difficult fix, anyway. ;-) I'd like to know if anyone has similar problems with Leopard (10.5) or Snow Leopard (10.6).

-- Larry