[Groff] more data structures

From: Chuck Robey
Subject: [Groff] more data structures
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 14:48:28 -0500

I was looking over the web to see if I could find any notes on how the mm macros
stack implementation (which confused me) worked, when I found the reference to
the manpage groff-www.  I hadn't realized it existed, and it showed me a lot of
work by Larry Kollar about stacks, and his code made more sense to me.

It sure looks like, if I didn't make a mistake in my test code, then it's going
to be a whole lost easier to make small fixes in the www.tmac than big fixes in
mm.tmac, and only have reassignment of macros (in the case of -Thtml) in the
mm.tmac.  All the stack stuff exists, just it needs to more correctly end the
html tags, for list embedding to work better.

Is this maybe making any more sense?  Or, does anyone else disagree with me,
that using the www.tmac macros to set up multiple level html lists doesn't work?
 I don't want to fix something that isn't actually broken, and I've got a whole
lot less experience with this www.tmac than some of you.  Understand, I mean
that top level lists work great, but doing something like embedding an ordered
list inside a definition list is broke (the ending of the ordered list is
wrong).