Re: [Groff] Fw: tbl/eqn: # does not work as delimiter

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: [Groff] Fw: tbl/eqn: # does not work as delimiter
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 12:46:13 +0100

On Wednesday 28 October 2009 07:53:54 Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> > So I suggest that the "cure" (strictly speaking a prophylactic)
> > is simply to include a statement in eqn and tbl documentation
> > saying that the use of "delim ##" for eqn will clash with tbl,
> > say under "INTERACTION WITH EQN" in 'man tbl'. There are at
> > present no such warnings in 'man eqn'!
>
> This is exactly the solution I had in mind.  Fixed in CVS, thanks.

In your update to eqn.man, I see:

+.SH "INTERACTION WITH @address@hidden"
+It is not possible to use the hash character (#) as a delimiter ...

Surely, that should read "INTERACTION WITH @address@hidden"?

I would also s/possible/advisable/; it is certainly *possible* to use
# as an eqn delimiter, although it may not be advisable.

Also in tbl.man:

+.LP
+It is not possible to use the hash character (#) as a delimiter ...

I would again s/possible/advisable/

Keith.