Re: [Groff] pdfroff produces two copies

From: brian m. carlson
Subject: Re: [Groff] pdfroff produces two copies
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 23:31:23 +0000

On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 09:57:20AM -0500, Blake McBride wrote:
> If I take a plain troff input file and execute:
>
> pdfroff test1.tr >test1.pdf
> acroread test1.pdf
>

> Two copies of the document are contained in test1.pdf

Yes, I discovered this the other day.  It's Debian bug 538326:
<http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=538326>.  I did some
basic analysis of the problem, which seems to be that the PS output for
the TOC formatting and the body formatting are identical.  Those two
files are then concatenated before being sent to ghostscript.

Since I'm not sure how pdfroff is supposed to work, the best I can do is
describe the problem.

+1 713 440 7475 | http://crustytoothpaste.ath.cx/~bmc | My opinion only