Re: [Groff] Rotating a single page

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Rotating a single page
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 07:54:24 +0200 (CEST)

> I have a document that's all in landscape, and I use
> "-dpaper=letterl -P-pletter -P-l" to get this to work.
>
> But in the document I have one page that needs to be in portrait,
> after which we should return to landscape mode. How can I do this?

I'm not aware of a solution.  Basically, grops provides this natively
by controlling rotation with the /LS variable: If set to 1, pages are
rotated.  Unfortunately, there is no chance to set this within the
document since grops encapsulates everything to restrict effects to a
single page, thus the `begin page' (/BP) PostScript function (as
defined in font/devps/prologue.ps) will never see it.

In other words, you have to emit raw PS commands at the beginning and
end of your page to do the rotation yourself.

Any taker who is capable of such PS manipulation?  Providing such
macros would make a nice, small package IMHO.