Re: [Groff] Typesetting Software

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] Typesetting Software
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 11:59:53 +0100

Hi Tadziu,

> There's also pandoc, a markdown implementation (markdown is pretty
> similar to reStructuredText) which has a groff man backend.  It
> probably wouldn't be to hard to extend this from man to other macro
> packages.
>
>   http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/try

Interesting, thanks.  I guess it's escaping every dot in case it ends up
at the start of the line.

    man, reStructuredText, markdown, and RTF\. Many extensions to

Shame it doesn't put two spaces after it, or arrange for the line to end
then so troff does the "right thing" itself.

And the relative URLs didn't become absolute.

    To find out more about pandoc, visit the pandoc home page
    (/pandoc)\.

Cheers,

Ralph.