Re: [Groff] pspic: Text around picture?

From: Denis M. Wilson
Subject: Re: [Groff] pspic: Text around picture?
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 12:18:54 +0100

One of the reasons that flowing text round a shape
in troff is that the request .ll takes effect only
on the *next* line. There also is no simple way that
I've seem to indent the next n lines (I use traps).

Would it be difficult to implement a request to set
the lengths of the next group of lines,
eg .llm l1 l2 ... ln -- or even .llm i1 l1 i1 l2 ...
alternating indents and lengths?

I mentioned a set of macros which included an experimental
one for leaving a rectangular hole centred in text.
Unfortunately it was along time ago that I tried that
particular macro and it no longer works. I'll try and fix it.

Meanwhile I've put the macros in
   http://www.oxytropis.plus.com/groff/
They are called -markup. There are also A5 and A4
versions of the manual there. Although started in
1996, the version is only 1.0.0 as I've never
released them before. Although needing some updating
for new versions of groff, I think there is stuff of
interest there.

Denis