Re: [Groff] tbl and inter-column spacing

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Groff] tbl and inter-column spacing
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 18:01:18 +0200

> but  I  still  would appreciate to get some hint how to tune
> the inter-column spacing.

>From "Tbl -- A Program to Format Tables":

  Space between columns -- A number may follow the key-letter.
      This indicates the amount of separation between this
      column and the next column. The number normally specifies
      the separation in ens. If the "expand" option is used,
      then these numbers are multiplied by a constant such
      that the table is as wide as the current line length. The
      default column separation number is 3. If the separation
      is changed the worst case (largest space requested)
      governs.