Re: [Groff] OTF in Groff or -mom in Heitrloom troff...

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] OTF in Groff or -mom in Heitrloom troff...
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 08:29:09 +0100 (CET)

> Interesting side discusiion, but one question that's been raised in
> my mind is: why has groff decided to NOT add "modern" font handling?

Well, noone is doing it.  I don't have the time (and honestly, not
much enthusiasm).

> Would it simply be too hard to do

It's definitely not a simple thing to it right, and honestly, I wonder
whether this work should be done at all, given that Gunnar provides
this functionality already.

But maybe there is an interested guy with plenty of time to add
something (probably compatible to Gunnar's extensions)...