Re: [Groff] Groff Version in Debian and [K]ubuntu

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Groff Version in Debian and [K]ubuntu
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 14:13:20 +0100 (CET)

> I apologise if my previous post sounded like a criticism of groff --
> it was not intended to be.

No problem.  However, I encourage all interested people to contribute
and help.

> However, it is truly frustrating for all concerned when The Debian
> Way turns out to be the wrong way because, as you are aware, The
> Debian Way does not concede the possibility of error in itself. :-)

Well, they've solved a particular problem, and the current groff can't
replace this particular need so I can understand that they don't want
to upgrade.  Do complain more to them: maybe someone at Debian gets
interested enough (as Bruno Haible was) to add proper CJK support
based on Unicode.