RE: [Groff] groff on ms prints only first page

From: Ted Harding
Subject: RE: [Groff] groff on ms prints only first page
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 20:12:37 +0100 (BST)

On 18-Jul-07 02:30:58, andlabs wrote:

> Hello. I have Mac OS X and Ubuntu Linux on a Mac with a HP
> Photosmart C3800 Series All-in-One - both OSs have that default
> - and I'm having problems with a simple troff file.
>
> When I do
>
>    $ groff -ms -l my_first_troff.troff
>
> and I use groff because it has -l, it gives me
>
>    :0: macro error: diversion open while ejecting page (recovering)
>
> Then only one page gets printed, and not the rest. Adding .RP prints
> the cover and then only one body page, and it's still incomplete.
> What's going on?

This response is typical when you have invoked a macro which needs
a corresponding closing macro at the point where you finish with
the material governed by the opening macro.

More than that one cannot say, without seeing your "simple troff file"!

I suggest you post this (at least as far as material on the second page)
or (if you want to keep the actual material confidential) a file
with exactly the same macros but with substitute text.

Best wishes,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861