Re: [Groff] Gettin' the latest

From: Miklos Somogyi
Subject: Re: [Groff] Gettin' the latest
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 22:25:44 +1000

On 11/06/2007, at 7:36 PM, Ralph Corderoy wrote:

Hi Miklos,

I don't understand why you emailed us an iamge of a web browser instead
of telling us the URL or pasting in the page's content?

Because it saved you getting to the web page. Because it contained the URL in case you wanted to check. Because it did not occur to me that in the age of broadband a single picture could be a problem. That's why. Apologies if this upset you so much.

Well, I got a lot, but it is Version 1.19 (huh).

What makes you think this?

The content of the VERSION file. I think that this makes me think that it is 1.19 :-)

Do I need the CVS at all for my wants?

That I don't know. Someone here may. Give us a clue as to your wants.
;-)

That you do. I believe that I mentioned the .devicem macro ... :-) or ;-{ or whatever.

Ralph, in my life I've learned to tolerate a lot of things. Arrogance, however, still gets up my nose. Well, consider this. Since we came down from the tree, we have specialized. Just think of the number of people who, like me, a la Joe User, are interested in groff and the likes, but do not live for
groff, do not live for forums, do not live for enforcing club rules.
That is, they are less knowledgeable in these things than you are.
But otherwise, they might just be able to put you in their shirt pocket.

Bye,

Miklos

Cheers,

Ralph.