Re: [Groff] pic and nroff

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] pic and nroff
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 21:35:52 +0100 (CET)

> I get garbled output (text is eliminated by some "censor").  I'm
> usually using MacOSX and the problem occurs
>
> -- with the native terminal app of Apple
> -- with xterm
> -- with rxvt
>
> I now checked it, too, under Sun/Solaris: same thing both with xterm
> and rxvt.  so it's not a MacOSX problem, it seems.

xterm (version 203) works just fine on my GNU/Linux box, using
LANG=de_DE.UTF-8 and GROFF_NO_SGR=yes.  Same thing with
LANG=en_US.iso88591.

However, I can confirm your problem with xterm if GROFF_NO_SGR is not
set.  Hmm.  Looks like a bug in xterm and derived terminals...

Can you file a bug report to the xterm people?