[Groff] questions about "Adding TrueType fonts to groff for PDF document

From: Jeff Zhang
Subject: [Groff] questions about "Adding TrueType fonts to groff for PDF documents" on http://www.groff-wiki.info/
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 04:10:12 +0800

It' says "Users who intend to produce PDF do not need to convert TrueType
fonts to other formats."  on  http://www.port.de/cgi-bin/groff/AddingFonts ,
which is what I am wanted, so I follow the steps similar to what it said:
1. goto
$GROFF=$PREFIX/share/groff/1.19.3/font/devps
2. ttf2afm -u /usr/share/fonts/truetype/fontname.ttf -o fontname.afm
3. afmtodit fontname.afm textmap FN
I didn't made Fontmap as the guide, as my debian distribution has an ready
Fontmap(cidmap) in /var/lib/defoma/gs.d/dirs/fonts.

test with simple sample like:
.ft FN
just for test!

groff -Kutf8 sample > out.ps works, but ps2pdf just seems to keep running.
Maybe gs is converting truetype font to what's it like.

So I want to know is it possible in these way and whether or not ps2pdf can
make an cid embeded pdf file from the one produced by grops?