Re: [Groff] A nut to crack

From: Miklos Somogyi
Subject: Re: [Groff] A nut to crack
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 01:38:17 +1000

Finally I got a `problems' file. The suicidal trap seems to work like this:

a) you append a `.rn wh_saved wh' to the macro to be sprung on reaching a certain height

b) you rename the wh macro: `.rn wh wh_saved'

c) you set-up the trap with wh_saved that will sprung a macro that does something plus restores wh

It seems that yes, wh_saved can invoke the macro in question, but it seems that saving/restoring wh
does not eliminate the trap, .ptr still shows it.

Have I missed something?

Btw, wouldn't it be less work to introduce a kamikaze trap into groff than working with
such constructs at document level many times over?
What do you think?

Miklos