Re: [Groff] Rules drawn with \D are rounded

From: jon arbuckle
Subject: Re: [Groff] Rules drawn with \D are rounded
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 04:52:04 -0700

On 13th July 2006, Ted Harding wrote:

Yes, I'll do that with precautions! Not sure how to write a
"patch", though, since I've never quite grasped how that should
be done. Maybe if I describe how it should come out (with the
words, of course) someone could guide me?

Ted.

For making a ``patch'', you have to use the program ``diff''. First, modify the file grops.man (or any other you want to make a patch for) so that it produces the results you desire. Then
save your version under a different name, say grops.man.new

Then give the command:

   diff -c grops.man grops.man.new > grops.patch

Your patch is ready! You can apply this patch by using the ``patch'' command. For more information read the diff(1) manpage. You may also read the diffutils info manual
if you run GNU/Linux.

Yours sincerely.