[Groff] Adding fonts to groff

From: Michail Vidiassov
Subject: [Groff] Adding fonts to groff
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 07:12:59 +0300 (MSK)

Dear Werner,

you have wrote me concerning adding (or rather changing) groff
math fonts S and SS (Symbol and Symbol-Slanted):

.. Thus the
manual creation of symbolsl.afm and tweaking of symbol.afm is to be
redone :(
Yes, it seems so.
I don't have time to analyze this further.

And you do not need to.
It seems the changes from Adobe Symbol ver 001.001, apparently used to
make symbolsl.afm, to the latest Symbol ver 001.008 you have sent me are minor (as afmdiff.awk from ghostscript shows). Thus the ancient black magick done by James Clark (jjc at yquem) may be left as it is.

On the other hand, Symbol replacement from URW has more differences.
Since I do not know the internals of groff, I can not guess if that
is going to hurt.

If you have got any complaints about poor groff formulae in PS - plese, tell me. I guess you have not.

             Sincererly, Michail