Re: [Groff] man.conf

From: Michail Vidiassov
Subject: Re: [Groff] man.conf
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 01:19:32 +0300 (MSK)

Dear Werner,

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

man.conf from man-1.5p has the following lines:

# For use with utf-8, NROFF should be "nroff -mandoc" without -T
# option.  (Maybe - but today I need -Tlatin1 to prevent double
# conversion to utf8.)

No idea why they don't use -Tutf8, especially on a TTY.

what was the first groff version with working utf8 device
(since which version can we recommend using -Tutf8)?

         Sincerely, Michail