Re: [Groff] Localization question

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Localization question
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 07:11:43 +0100 (CET)

I've now added Fabrice's support files for French to the CVS, together
with French hyphenation patterns.  Please test.  From the NEWS file:

  Fabrice Ménard contributed locales support.  In particular, it is
  now possible to get French localization of the main macro packages
  (-ms, -mm, -me, and -mom, but not -man and -mdoc which are localized
  differently) by appending `-mfr' to the list of macro packages.
  Example:

    groff -ms -mfr foo > foo.ps

  Note that latin-9 input encoding is used for French (to support the
  `oe' ligature).