[Groff] Re: Man and Groff - Author Feedbacks - UTF-8 Comments

From: Alexander E. Patrakov
Subject: [Groff] Re: Man and Groff - Author Feedbacks - UTF-8 Comments
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 08:56:59 +0500

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

I have checked out today's Groff from Savannah CVS. The test results are below.

2) The relocation stuff segfaults, so I had to disable it by editing src/libs/libgroff/Makefile.sub.

Backtrace, please, or give a recipe to repeat it.
Make sure that /opt/groff/bin is in your PATH.

./configure --prefix=/opt/groff
make
make install
preconv (without parameters)

The backtrace looks useless (corrupted stack?)

If I edit the part of src/libs/libgroff/localcharset.c to read:

printf("Got here\n");
fflush(stdout);
     dir = getenv ("CHARSETALIASDIR");
     if (dir == NULL || dir[0] == '\0')
       dir = relocate (LIBDIR);
printf("Got there\n");
fflush(stdout);

it gets here but not there.

<snip note about hyphenation>

As for the rest:

I agree with the "-k is just not for man pages" argument, and understand the Japanese-related position. It's the responsibility of Man maintainer, Federico Lucifredi, to act upon this properly (subject of a separate post).

--
Alexander E. Patrakov