[Groff] Re: preconv autoconfigury

From: Bruno Haible
Subject: [Groff] Re: preconv autoconfigury
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 22:25:59 +0100

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> What do you think of providing a dummy relocatable.h file
> in the groff tree which simply includes relocate.h and which sets
> those preprocessor macros?

If you prefer that, ok. (I tried to minimize the number of files.)

> BTW, it seems to me that localcharset.c in gnulib is not the latest
> version of this file -- the differences to the file you've sent to me
> are deeper than just the adaption to groff.

The copy that I submitted here came from GNU gettext, which was a little
more up-to-date than the one in gnulib. Both are in sync now. Sorry for
the confusion.

> Kees, Keith, may I ask you to have a look at gnulib's `relocate'
> implementation (in file progreloc.c)?  Maybe this file can be merged
> with the groff version (in case gnulib's version is missing something
> needed especially for groff) so that we have a canonical source in
> gnulib.  Since you've invested a lot of time to make it work with
> groff I want to hear your opinions.

I would also like to hear what features the gnulib relocate() is missing
(since I want to propose it for inclusion in automake some day).

Bruno