Re: [Groff] Re: [Fwd: pdfmark troubles]

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: [Fwd: pdfmark troubles]
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 23:04:04 +0000

Arrrgh!  Must be getting old.  I'd already pointed out the error in the
following extract from my earlier post, shortly after originally sending it
privately to Zvezdan, and meant to correct it before posting to the list.

> 1) first, a preliminary groff pass is performed, to collect reference
>    data, (based on marks planted by .pdfhref M calls), and to map the
>    positions of links, placed by .pdfhref L or .pdfhref W calls.  All
>    such reference data is emitted on stdout, which is redirected to a
>    temporary file; regular postprocessor output is suppressed.

That reference data *isn't* emitted on stdout; it is embedded in the stderr
stream, whence it is redirected to a temporary file for subsequent filtering
within pdfroff.  Sorry for any confusion which may have arisen.

Best regards,
Keith.