[Groff] Re: Introduction

From: D. E. Evans
Subject: [Groff] Re: Introduction
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 12:20:34 -0600 (MDT)

   I don't -- and won't -- use EMACS: I can't stand it! I do, and
   want to, use vim. I like, and want to have, good man pages which
   list all the essentials of the behaviour of commands. I rarely
   want to get into the labyrinth of a texinfo document (though I'm
   pleased it's there I need the more discursive information it
   contains).

I can't help but agree here as well.  I admit that I will pick the
manual over an info document on every occasion, but then again, I
don't use GNU.  It does create a bit of a dilemma with groff and
man pages on the one hand, and having the GNU coding standards
refer to 'man pages' as 'secondary.'